W - Type W
Type W portable power cables are manufactured with rope-lay stranded, bunched,8 AWG through 500 kcmil fully annealed stranded
bare copper conductors per ASTM B-172.
The conductors are insulated with a Premium-grade, color-coded 90ºC ozone, oil (60°C) and
water resistant (90°C) synthetic rubber(EPDM) per UL-44 and
assembled round with suitable fillers as needed.
A polyester or paper tape separates the copper conductors from the EP rubber insulation.
The cable is covered with a black CPE rubberjacket which may be applied in two layers
Two-layer jackets are reinforced with a braid of synthetic material placed
between the layers.
Type W Portable Power Cable is suitable for use in:
• Industrial and light- to medium-duty mining applications
• Heavy-duty service as power supply cable
• AC systems (grounded and ungrounded)
• Mobile and portable electrical equipment such as conveyors, drills and pumps
• Motor and battery leads
• 2-conductor cables - use on DC or AC single-phase systems where grounding is not required
• 3-conductor cables - use on AC systems where no grounding is required, or on DC systems with one conductor
• 4-conductor cables - use on two- or three- phase AC systems with one conductor used for grounding
• 5-conductor cables - use in applications where separating the system neutral from the frame ground is required
- Click to view spec sheet: W
Catalogue Number CONDUCTOR APPROX. DIAMETER APPROX. WEIGHT AMPS COLOUR PUT-UPS (Length) AWG OR MCM NO. STRANDING (mm) (inches) (kgs/km) (lbs/1000ft)W04-04 4 4 259 30.73 1.210 1596 1072 114 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW02-04 2 4 259 36.45 1.435 2370 1592 152 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW01-04 1 4 259 40.77 1.605 3053 2051 177 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW001-04 1/0 4 259 43.69 1.720 4080 2742 205 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW002-04 2/0 4 259 48.90 1.925 4804 3228 237 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW003-04 3/0 4 259 52.20 2.055 6024 4048 274 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHSW004-04 4/0 4 259 54.48 2.145 6850 4603 316 BLACK 305M, LONG LENGTHS